Play this song on YouTube.
"Less than Zero (<0)" is a song by Type O Negative, included on the sixth album Life Is Killing Me, released in 2003. The song has Beatlesque influence as it is grungy and features a sitar and tambura, which is unusual for Type O Negative. The lyrics deals about the imagination that the humanity is worthless but a divine joke. Steele performs a couple of choirs in this song—the one before the first line of lyrics and the other following the second line.
Lyrics[edit | edit source]
My reflection as that shadow's blessing my death
Last soul in agony meet machine tragedy
God if you love me, then why won't you set me free?
I don't have call-waiting, hey, was that you pranking me?
The sheep within
Wearing wolf's skin
Snot and cum, piss and shit
Of this I am made - like a taste of it?
Vomit, pus, sweat, tears, blood
The scab removed, revealing what was
Of this man of Steele
Nothing is real
The truth be scant
Lord of idiots
Victims be clear
You're all volunteers
Personnel[edit | edit source]
- Peter Steele – lead vocals, bass, additional guitar, choirs
- Kenny Hickey – guitar, sitar, backing vocals
- Josh Silver – keyboards, backing vocals
- Johnny Kelly – live drums, tambura
- Peter Steele – writing, mixing, production
- Josh Silver – engineering, effects, drum programming, mixing, production
- Mike Marciano – engineering, mixing
- George Marino – mastering